Please call for an Intake at 905-579-8482, press “0”
A group for dads experiencing, or who have experienced, separation or divorce.
We believe that a child deserves to have positive relationships with both of their parents and extended family members. We offer a dynamic weekly cognitive skills based support group structured to meet the specific needs of fathers experiencing loss and change associated with separation and divorce.
Are you experiencing any of the following associated with separation and divorce?
- Limited or no access to your child(ren)
- Increased stress levels
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Loss of friends or family
- Overwhelmed and don’t know where to start
- Frustration dealing with the Family Court System
In this 2 hour/week, 8-week facilitator led program for fathers you will learn:
- to expand your support network
- how to regain control over your own life
- strengthen your relationship with your children
- develop or strengthen interpersonal and parenting skills
- improve strategies to cope during this transitional period
- Effects of separation and divorce on children
- Parenting issues, how to effectively co-parent
- Anger management, letting go of hurt and resentment
- Conflict resolution, learning positive communication techniques
- Building personal support systems
- Healthy relationships
- Self-care and stress management
- And more…