Welcome to the John Howard Society of Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton website. Providing crime prevention services for over 30 years, the Society is a non-profit, multi service organization with offices located in Lindsay and Minden. Through prevention, education, and interventions JHSCKLH works with at risk youth and adults through a variety of programs and services.
We are here to help.
As of December 23rd, our offices are closed to the public due to the Provincial Lockdown. We remain available via alternate means.
**Please note our Crisis Supports office at 22 Peel Street is available for walk-ins Tuesday to Thursday. Clients will be screened at the door and not permitted to enter without a mask. For more information on our Crisis Supports, please call 705-340-0228**
The John Howard Society of Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton are open! However we will be closed for direct, in-person service for the duration of the provincial lockdown from December 23rd to February 10. We strive to ensure we are meeting health protocols regarding COVID-19 pandemic, and keeping our staff, our clients, and our community safe.
If you are in crisis and need immediate assistance please call 1-877-328-3331 at any time. Otherwise, to speak directly to a staff member, please refer to our Office and Staff Contact list below, or call our main line at 705-328-0472 Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Once we reopen following the lockdown, the John Howard Society is committed to the health and safety of our staff and our clients. We are following all government recommendations in our operating procedures. Our offices have been thoroughly cleaned and continue to be sanitized multiple times a day.
We will be pre-screening all visitors to our offices before their appointment and upon arrival.
When you enter our offices, we ask the following:
- Please only bring necessary items in with you – such as keys
- Please arrive alone and avoid bringing anyone unnecessary into the offices
- Please note that we will be asking all visitors to wear a mask; one will be provided if you do not have your own
- We will be asking all visitors to adhere to Social Distancing guidelines, and sanitize their hands upon arrival
We look forward to once again serving our community within our offices once it is safe to do so.
Whitney Town Centre – Youth Centre 705-341-9610
22 Peel Street – Adult Services 705-340-3121
22 Peel Street – Skills Development 705-340-0228
Minden Office – 705-340-2986 or 705-879-1665
Please note Naloxone kits are available for anyone in need. Just come by any of our locations Tuesday to Thursday to pick one up.
If you need assistance, have questions or need to update your information please contact us.
- > CALL 705-328-0472 for our confidential voice mail
- > Email email@example.com
- > For PAR referrals, please call 705-879-1370 or email Brooke Jewell, PAR Facilitator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- > YOUTH services call or text Carla Cooper, Manager of Youth Services, at 705-341-9610
- > SKILLS DEVELOPMENT and/or Minden Office call or text Bob Gaudette, Manager of Skills Development, at 705-340-2886 or email email@example.com
- > Contact Robbin Savage, Director of Risk Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- > Call or text Lois Powers, Executive Director, at 647-882-8429 or email at email@example.com
Our toll free number is 1-877-328-3331