Welcome to the John Howard Society of Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton website. Providing crime prevention services for over 30 years, the Society is a non-profit, multi service organization with offices located in Lindsay and Minden. Through prevention, education, and interventions JHSCKLH works with at risk youth and adults through a variety of programs and services.
We are here to help.
— John Howard Society of Ontario (@jhsontario) June 2, 2020
The John Howard Society of Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton wants to wish all our LGBTQ2+ friends a Happy Pride Month!
We are proud allies of the LGBTQ2+ community and strive to create safe and inclusive spaces for all in our offices.
*Our offices are now open by appointment only *
The John Howard Society of Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton are open as of Tuesday, June 16th, 2020. We will be open for direct service Tuesday to Thursday by appointment only. Our Minden location will be open Tuesday and Wednesday. We strive to ensure meeting health protocols regarding COVID-19 pandemic.
Offices will be open at select dates by appointment only. Clients are encouraged to call ahead for operating days of each location at the numbers below.
If anyone is in crisis and needs immediate assistance please call 1-877-328-3331 at any time.
The John Howard Society is committed to the health and safety of our staff and our clients. We are following all government recommendations in our operating procedures. Our offices have been thoroughly cleaned and continue to be sanitized multiple times a day.
We will be pre-screening all visitors to our offices before their appointment and upon arrival.
When you enter our offices, we ask the following:
- Please only bring necessary items in with you – such as keys
- Please arrive alone and avoid bringing anyone unnecessary into the offices
- Please note that we will be asking all visitors to wear a mask; one will be provided if you do not have your own
- We will be asking all visitors to adhere to Social Distancing guidelines, and sanitize their hands upon arrival
We look forward to once again serving our community within our offices.
Whitney Town Centre – Youth Centre 705-328-5894
22 Peel Street – Adult Services 705-340-3121
22 Peel Street – Skills Development 705-340-0228
Minden Office – 705-340-2986
Please note Naloxone kits are available for anyone in need. Just come by any of our locations Tuesday to Thursday to pick one up.
If you need assistance, have questions or need to update your information please contact us.
- > CALL 705-328-0472 for our confidential voice mail
- > Email email@example.com
- > For PAR referrals, please call 705-879-1370 or email Brooke Jewell, PAR Facilitator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- > YOUTH services call or text Carla Cooper, Manager of Youth Services, at 705-328-5894
- > SKILLS DEVELOPMENT and/or Minden Office call or text Bob Gaudette, Manager of Skills Development, at 705-340-2886 or email email@example.com
- > Contact Robbin Savage, Director of Risk Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- > Call or text Lois Powers, Executive Director, at 647-882-8429 or email at email@example.com
Our toll free number is 1-877-328-3331