John Howard Society of Ottawa

Record Suspension

Record Suspension

A Record Suspension (formerly known as a Pardon) allows people who were convicted of a criminal offence but have completed their sentence and demonstrated that they are law-abiding citizens for a prescribed number of years, to have their criminal record kept separate and apart from other criminal records. 

Applying for a Record Suspension can be a lengthy and overwhelming process.  At JHS Ottawa, the experienced staff work with you, and explain the process step-by-step to ensure that you have the information you need and support you through to the end. 

To find out if you are eligible to start the application process, or to get started, contact a Record Suspension Specialist: 

Phone: (613) 789-7418 Ext. 222