This program is designed to support women involved in sex trade work within the Durham Region.
This service provinces
- Individual counselling & support
- Advocacy with health providers, probation, police, Ontario Works, other
- Community education to other community groups on the realities of sex work in Durham
- Participates in the Sex Worker Support Circle committee to strategize on programming for sex workers
- Engages the community to address the challenges of the sex trade in Durham
- Referrals to other resources
This service also provides a weekly drop-in program in a safe, supportive environment. The drop-in offers nutritious meals, hygiene products, laundry, shower, counselling & support, safety planning and harm reduction supplies.
For more information contact the Harm Reduction Coordinator:
Beth Whalen, 905-579-8482 x253