Job DeveloperLocation: | Posted on: October 27, 2022
Position: Job Developer – Employment Services
Application Deadline: November 11, 2022
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Status: 12 months contract
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary $ 44,761.00
ReStart is a program of the John Howard Society of Kingston and District. We provide a wide range of employment counselling services to help people prepare for, find and keep employment. Working with the ES Team and employers in the Kingston area, identify or create current and/or upcoming employment opportunities and match those vacancies with qualified and suitable job seekers. Assist all ES clients who are interested in securing employment with identifying possible leads.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Outreach to the business sector to promote our services and recruit potential employers
- Maintain ongoing professional relationships with employers
- Locate job leads in the community and match them with qualified applicants
- Coordinate training plans and manage incentive funding
- Routinely consult with ES Consultants to identify suitable candidates for job development services
- Maintain current knowledge of local labour market trends and employment opportunities
- Network and liaise with other Job Developers and community organizations also involved in job placement activities.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employer files and enter pertinent case notes/data in the appropriate databases.
- Prepare statistics and reports related to job development activities
- Conduct necessary follow-up contacts and assist with placement success
- Provide coaching and mediation to employers and employees
- Promote Employment Ontario programs and services
- Participate in employer events like job fairs, symposiums, workshops, etc.
- Participate in the Employment Services Team for seamless and effective service delivery
- Ensure services delivered are within the Employment Ontario guidelines and within the policies and procedures of the John Howard Society.
- Communicate with the team and supervisory staff on a consistent basis all information pertinent to the effective and efficient delivery of services.
- All other duties as required.
- Minimum three years of related experience, preferably in a staffing recruitment setting, verified experience in job placement in either private or public sector
- A demonstrated understanding of the local labour market trends and challenges
- Experience working with individuals from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Public speaking and group facilitation skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite, databases and internet.
- Professional, respectful and client-centered
- Ability to regularly travel to off-site locations and have a flexible work schedule
- Valid ‘G’ class Driver’s License and a reliable personal vehicle
- A satisfactory Criminal Police Check
- A degree or diploma in business administration, human resources, marketing or a related field. Experience may off-set academic standing
The John Howard Society of Kingston & District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an accessible workplace. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Internal applicants will be given priority in consideration. Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com