Windrose Supportive Housing ProgramJune 2, 2023 -
Windrose (WR) Supportive Housing provides affordable accommodation and support to homeless or unstably housed young woman (and their children), ages 16 to 24, who are justice-involved or at risk of being so.
WR provides young women an opportunity to access safe accommodations and utilize on-site supports to assist with their life goals. Through these on-site supports, young women are assisted in actively addressing their specific personal, social, vocational, and health-related needs. As well, they are supported in developing the resources, including skills and attitudes, necessary for a successful transition to adulthood. Young women who live at WR will have the responsibility of rent. All units at WR are one-bedroom units.
• Comprehensive assessment
• Supports and services from a gender-informed perspective to meet demonstrated needs in four major life areas: career, family, community and self
• Collaborative case planning
• Individual counselling and support
• Practical assistance
• Monitor and support of court conditions (if relevant)
• Referral and support to other community resources
John Howard Society of Ottawa: Main Office
550 Old St. Patrick Street