Latest Update: March 17-2020 at 3:00pm
- As of today ALL JHS DURHAM offices are closed to public access
- Our teams will assist you by telephone or e-mail, we are sorry but at this time we cannot bring people inside the building. This is to fulfill the Province’s goal of minimizing all social contact.
As of today…
according to the province, as a result of the State of Emergency and its associated orders via Premier, the following establishments are legally required to close immediately:
- All facilities providing indoor recreational programs.
- All public libraries.
- All private schools as defined in the Education Act.
- All licensed child care centres.
- All bars and restaurants, except to the extent that such facilities provide takeout food and delivery.
- All theatres including those offering live performances of music, dance, and other art forms, as well as cinemas that show movies.
- Concert venues.
Last Update: March 16-2020 at 4:30pm
We believe we must take active steps that will assist YOU and the health system in ensuring a response that best serves our client interests.
Until further notice John Howard Society of Durham Region will begin to modify service delivery and community outreach to support system-wide efforts to slow the transmission of COVID-19 in the community. These measures will be re-assessed on an on-going basis.
Monday to Friday
10am to 2pm
The EMPLOYMENT and HOUSING RESOURCE CENTRE IS CLOSED
Please note that we will be asking health screening questions upon your entry.
Your visit to JHS is by appointment ONLY.
SERVICE NOTICE : March 16-2020 @ 9am
Due to the evolving situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, and our desire to
With the desire to do our part to keep our communities safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, JHS Durham staff will be implementing social distancing measures by providing services, where possible, through phone and e-mail. We will be limiting in-office hours.
Visit www.jhsd.ca/covid-19 to view communications from JHS on this topic. The page will be updated when we have new information to provide to you.
At this time, we will be postponing the following activities:
- The Trade Talk slated to be held 17-March-2020
- The Express Employment Professionals Job Fair slated for 19-March- 2020.
- All group programs (Anger Management, Active Parenting, Cooperative Parenting & Divorce, Ready To Go)
- Walk-in access : Staff can be seen by appointment only
- Resource rooms in Bowmanville, Oshawa and Whitby office
If you have registered for any of the above we will contact you about potential future restart dates when we have a better feel for how we can proceed.
Information from the Region of Durham related to COVID-19 can be found here: www.durham.ca/novelcoronavirus.
The Provincial Government has information including self-assessment available at www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
City of Oshawa Covid Information