Connect. Act. Engage.
The Sarnia Lambton Alliance against Hate (SLAH) provides support to victims of hate motivated acts. The program is a result of a partnership with the Sarnia Lambton Local Immigration Partnership, the Lambton Kent District School board, and the Sarnia Police.
SLAH is designed to walk alongside individuals when they have been a target of hate motivated acts.
The support provided includes:
- Providing community resource information related to social services, religious institutions, and community groups.
- Provide emotional support
- Provide support when a police report is filed
- Working collaboratively with program partners to address potential barriers to reporting acts
- Education regarding what a hate crime is and how it impacts individuals and communities
- Explore ways to be an ally to peers, neighbours, and colleagues
SLAH is also committed to capturing an accurate representation of hate motivated acts in our community.
To report a hate motivated act or request support, please complete the following survey:
Note: If the survey does not load automatically you can access the survey here.
- - -
If you are interested in volunteering to be a part of SLAH click here.
If you would like to request the forms in another language or to contact the program for any other reason please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-336-1020 extension 010.
Funding is provided by the Ministry of the Solicitor General's Safer and Vital Communities Grant.