The John Howard Society of London and District has workers who will provide assistance in completing criminal record suspension (formerly known as pardons) applications and information on travel waivers (document that allows Canadians with a criminal record to travel to other countries). This service assists individuals in regaining confidence, finding employment and boosting their self esteem.
This program is offered on a fee for service basis. Fees are calculated on a sliding scale based on income. Fee structure will be discussed upon intake.
How we help you?
Our experienced staff will help you by:
- Assisting with completing an application for Record Suspension and/or Travel Waivers
- Providing confidential service & support
- Liaising with police services, Court officials, RCMP, and Parole Board of Canada on your behalf
- Obtaining all necessary Court documents/record of proceedings
- Submitting your application to Parole Board of Canada
- Responding to requests/further requirements from the Parole Board of Canada
- Assisting with appeals
Community Education Program:
The John Howard Society works closely with other community and coalition groups to educate and involve more people in understanding the social justice issues affecting John Howard Society clients. The John Howard Society’s workers provide information and workshops about the criminal justice system and its impact on the individuals and the community. The Society provides speakers to schools, churches, service clubs and community organizations. As well, the Society has been present at theMexican Fiesta Festival that congregates more than 3,000 people from the Latin community.