Breaking the Cycle is a hotel-based intervention program and provides rapid stabilization for those experiencing post-incarceration homelessness and facilitates supports into safe and suitable accommodations. This program aims at supporting vulnerable individuals aged 18 years and over who are newly released from custody to avoid living unsheltered in London. The program provides intensive case management, reintegration support, mental health and addiction counselling, assistance with accessing basic needs and system navigation.
- 18 years of age or older
- Released from custody within the last two months
- Resided in London prior to going into custody
- Have identification, including a birth certificate
- Have an income or meet the eligibility requirements for social assistance (OW/ODSP)
- Low to moderate acuity (based on assessments)
- Motivated and ready to make changes
- Not looking at a custodial sentence which would affect the ability to maintain housing
Referrals are accepted from any community partner. Self-referrals are also accepted.
Please contact the agency at 519-438-4168 to get more information. Collect calls are accepted.
This program is funded by the London Community Foundation.