Reintegration Centre Team LeaderLocation: | Posted on: March 3, 2017
Location: John Howard Society of Toronto (Reintegration Centre: 215 Horner Avenue, Etobicoke, Ontario)
Job Type: Full-time
Application Deadline: Saturday, April 1, 2017
The John Howard Society of Toronto is seeking a Reintegration Centre Team Leader for the Reintegration Centre. The Reintegration Centre Team Leader shall:
- To liaise with community stakeholders through engagement with local groups in the South Etobicoke area.
- Ensure the good working order of the building in which the R.C is located; identifying issues and connecting with landlord/property manager and others to remedy challenges
- Work with Relocation Consultant and Evaluation Team as directed
- Recruit, train, hire, orient, supervise, coach and debrief Peer Workers on a daily basis
- Supervise students and volunteers and staff from other departments working at the RC as needed in consultation with Volunteer Coordinator and other Team Leaders
- Work with the Toronto South Detention Centre to maintain and enhance referral processes to the R.C. as directed
- Promote the R.C. and the Peer Support Program through taking part in speaking engagements, community events/workshops, and ensuring the distribution of promotional materials
- Provide opportunities for Peer Workers’ learning, growth, and development
- To ensure that all deliverables are achieved as required by our funders as per our program Work Plans
- Assist with the completion of funding reports/applications, and research initiatives as directed
- To maintain and submit monthly program statistics
- To ensure staff coverage at the R.C. by developing monthly schedules based on needs and availability
- Liaise with funders and government representatives when required
- Provide Senior Management Team with regular feedback about the evolution, program needs, challenges and opportunities at the R.C.
- Lead regular R.C. Team Meetings and Peer Support Meetings
- To provide input into Performance Evaluations of staff providing services in the R.C.
- To maintain the confidentiality of all matters related to Human Resources.
For additional information and instructions on how to apply please click on ‘Download Additional Information Document’