The John Howard Society of Belleville and District welcomes volunteers and student placements. We are currently seeking Board Members. Please review the details below.
Please contact the office
or email at
Thank you for your interest.
Board Member Posting
“Effective, Just & Humane Reponses to Crime & its Causes”
The John Howard Society of Belleville and District is seeking individuals from the community to join the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors is the legal authority of the John Howard Society of Belleville & District
As a member of the Board, a director acts in a position of trust for the Society and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization.
Directors have knowledge and skills in one or more areas of board governance:
Human Resources Marketing
Program/Personnel Fund Raising
Directors must be 18 years of age and complete an interview to determine suitability.
- Commitment to the work and mission of the organization
- Participate in sub-committees as desired
- Attendance and active participation at Board meetings and Board orientation
- A time commitment of 4 hours every two months, (included, Board preparation, meeting and Committee meeting time)
- Attendance at Annual General Meeting and other events planned by the Society
- Being informed of the JHS services and publicly supports the decisions of the board even if they sometimes conflict with your own personal viewpoints;
- Prepare for and participate in the discussions and deliberations of the Board
- Be aware, declare and abstain from any conflicts of interest
- Conform to Board Policies and Procedures
For more information please contact:
Debbie Woods, Executive Director