Quantum is a long-term, multi-component intervention program aiming to reduce dropout rates and delinquency in students facing challenges as they enter high school. The program provides wrap-around care for the duration of the students’ high school career. This unique program aims to eliminate barriers to success by providing educational, developmental and service opportunities coupled with a sustained relationship with a trained youth worker who will remain with the student for the duration of the four year program.
The program goals are to:
– Increase graduation rates
– Create opportunities for personal development
– Teach positive values and beliefs
– Alleviate anxiety and increase self-esteem
– Decrease high-risk behaviours
– Engage youth in their school and community